Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
Our museums, including the Natural History Museum’s outdoor spaces, are currently closed.
NHM Closure Announcement:
In an abundance of caution, and to align with county and state COVID-19 health precautions our museums are currently closed.
Once we are able to open our doors once again, the museum will be implementing a number of measures, including:
- Timed ticket entry
- Limiting the number of guests to promote a physically distanced and safe environment
- Providing physical distance markers in high traffic areas and one-way directional flow
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of all public spaces including, restrooms, exhibition areas, handrails, and counters
- Adding plexiglass barriers to all ticketing stations
- Installing hand sanitizer stations throughout the museum.
All visitors are required to:
- Stay home if not feeling well
- Wear a face covering (except children under two years old). Masks with one-way valves are not permitted.
- Practice 6’ physical distancing
- Wash hands often
As an added level of screening, we will be scanning temperatures upon arrival.
Stay up to date with NHMLAC’s response to COVID-19. Nuestros museos estarán cerrados hasta nuevo aviso para minimizar la propagación del COVID-19. Ve la respuesta de NHMLAC ante el coronavirus (COVID-19).