Ways to Help
My Friend’s Place
- Include non perishable food items like trail mix, granola bars, cookies, chips, fruit snacks, water bottle/juice, etc.
- Decorate the bags and/or include brief notes of encouragement
The Need: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, unhoused and recently housed families are experiencing added stress and uncertainty as they navigate the demands of work, education, children, services, and more. Every day, families are asking for resources related to family fun and basic needs.
The Initiative: As part of Imagine LA’s response to COVID-19, we are leading a county-wide effort to ensure that each of the 6,000 families served by the Los Angeles Homeless Provider Alliance Family Service Providers Caucus, has the family fun and basic needs resources to thrive as a family during this time.
The Goal: To collect 6,000 Family Fun & Care Packages to distribute to unhoused and recently housed families.
Ways To Help
Assemble a Family Fun & Care Package and coordinate with Imagine LA on drop-off at our office
Purchase supplies from our Amazon Wish List to be delivered directly to Imagine LA
Mobilize your community! Download & personalize our customizable flyer, share it with your network, collect the packages at your home or business, and coordinate with Imagine LA on drop-off at our office
REMEMBER: STAY SAFE. USE GLOVES & MASKS.
Back end team for
Grass Roots Neighbors
- Updating google docs, tracking budget
- Calling/texting/emailing people who expressed needs
- Getting calls forwarded and answering general questions
- Making signs, flyers, and other graphics
- Translating over the phone in Spanish. If you know another language please list it in the "Other" section on the form
YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
Community Organized Relief Effort (CORE)
Mobilize your friends and host a remote Hygiene Kit donation drive to provide relief to people experiencing homelessness and mental health conditions. Staff distribute kits during outreach to help people get housed! By providing these necessary resources amidst the COVID-19 crisis, you become part of the solution!
HYGIENE KIT CONTENTS:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r-SO3lWhAb5BsYPfQES_nxzi0x_Tfdec/view?usp=sharing
When you express interest for this opportunity, we will follow up with further
instructions as well as how to schedule a donation drop-off.
WELCOME HOME KIT CONTENTS:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bboKflapFXSvKz0h13Z-xgJcHboWHRSO/view?usp=sharing
When you express interest for this opportunity, we will follow up
with instructions as well as how to schedule a donation drop-off.
Delivery team for
Grass Roots Neighbors
Counseling Resource & Education Service Center
The Midnight Mission
- Rent for their apartments
- Crisis management via phone
- Counseling via phone
- Food gift cards
- Life-skills education
- Implementing social distancing measures. Food Bank staff will ensure appropriate distance is maintained between each volunteer during check-in, orientation, and during the volunteer event.
- Providing hand sanitizer pumps.
- Sanitation staff will sanitize the facility regularly both inside and out, meeting room, door frames, restrooms, break room, door handles, and other often touched surfaces.
- Providing gloves to all volunteers.
- Assist with delivering meals throughout the San Fernando Valley to older adults staying #SaferAtHome.
- The Encino Farmers Market held on Sundays will be open 8am to 1pm. We have received proper approval from the City of Los Angeles to remain open as an essential source of fresh produce.
- We are now also operating a drive-thru food bank, distributing nonperishables and other food items such as fresh produce and bread. Items are placed in the trunk or back seat of seniors cars.
Hack for LA
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- Volunteer to answer calls on the hotline. Training will be provided. Can be done from your own home.
- Volunteer to deliver food and household items to the homebound. Must be under 60 years of age, have a current drivers’ license, auto insurance and use of a vehicle.
- Collect items to stock parish-based food pantries. In addition to nonperishable food items, fresh produce and bread, meat, and baby items, such as diapers and formula are appreciated.
- Volunteer at a parish-based food pantry. Hours to be determined.