APLA Health Coronavirus Update
April 20, 2020
We continue to monitor the latest guidance from the L.A. County Department of Public Health and the California State Government about COVID-19.
Our priority is to keep you and our community safe and healthy. As you are all aware, public health recommendations for the current COVID-19 outbreak in Los Angeles County are changing every day (sometimes more frequently).
APLA HEALTH SERVICES
Based on the recommendations of APLA Health’s medical team — as informed by the CDC, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, and other authorities:
Critical APLA Health services remain open to serve patients and clients. For phone numbers and hours, see below. Critical APLA Health services include:
- Medical — all sites (only services that can’t safely be postponed)
- Dental — Wilshire Dental Clinic only (emergencies only)
- Behavioral Health Services — all sites (services via telephone/telehealth only)
- Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries — all sites
- Emergency Housing — David Geffen Center only
- Medical Transportation Services — David Geffen Center
- Other support services and HIV prevention programs — see below
- HIV testing and STD screenings limited to individuals with high risk exposure or who are symptomatic
- PrEP and PEP services are available. For more information call 323.359.0846.
All other APLA Health services and programs will remain closed at this time.